Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery, Eyebrow Feathering, ‘soft tap’ technique or Japanese method, originated in Far East Asia. It is a form of Semi Permanent Makeup using a handheld tool to insert pigment into the upper layers of skin – as opposed to a machine. Because the color is deposited closer to the surface of the skin, the hair strokes appear crisp and very fine. There is no “spilling” under the skin and the effects last up to 18 months, after which the pigment fades leaving the skin.
Microblading is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of his or her eyebrows. The results are natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match your original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them. The results are a realistic, flawless, fuller looking brow.
Meet Kai Bauer, your Microblading Specialist!
Xtreme Lashes® Certified Lash Stylist + Microblading Specialist
Trained by Deluxe Brow International Academy, Kai is a passionate and experienced eyebrow artist who specializes in Microblading. Kai even traveled to Australia to learn the newest techniques in Microblading, only to bring those new methods to the States. As a perfectionist by nature, she has a keen eye for design and passion for enhancing natural beauty using subtle definition, custom cosmetic artistry, permanent makeup techniques, and color theory. Kai has helped hundreds of clients achieve their desired results and truly understands the power of an eyebrow. She takes her utmost time with each client to ensure the outline of your new shape is symmetrical and tailored to your unique bone structure, prior to beginning any treatment. Whether you are looking to create more volume, add definition, change or improve your shape, Kai will personalize your brows to fit your style.
6 WEEK TOUCH UP
TOUCH UP WITHIN 6 MONTHS
TOUCH UP AFTER ONE YEAR
MICROBLADING AND SHADING
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
A $100 deposit is required in order to book and confirm your appointment and will be deducted from the total cost of your service.
24 hours notice is required to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Deposits are non-refundable if you choose to cancel or reschedule your appointment within 24 hours.
Please read the FAQ section to determine whether you are a good candidate for these procedures. If upon arrival we determine that you can not go through with the procedure because of a condition listed in the FAQ section, your deposit will be non-refundable.
Results are extremely dependent on how one heals and will vary with each individual client. Successful results are not guaranteed (especially on those with problematic skin) and additional sessions, at a minimum charge, may be required to obtain desired results. Although we use premium products and provide quality services, every client heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results. Live Love Lash does not guarantee perfect proportions or symmetry as some bone structures and muscle movements do not call for it. The final shape is completely your decision, and tattooing will not start until you decide on the final shape. Please read though the entire FAQ section carefully to see if this procedure will be beneficial to you. All services provided are non-refundable.
You may NOT have this procedure if :
- You are under 18
- You get Keloid scars
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been on Accutane within 1 year
- You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriosis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
- You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 7 days before appointment and avoid 30 days after procedure.
- Diabetic (consult your doctor)
- Have HIV or Hepatitus or any other viral infections and/or diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Sick (cold, flu, etc. Will affect the healing process, please reschedule)
- You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily
Please be aware of the following:
- Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 24 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area now has more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the color.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid exercising the day of the procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days prior to the procedure.
- It usually takes 2 appointments for desired results. The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hair-strokes. The touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
- You may NOT get the area wet or apply any kind of products (except what I provide for your aftercare) for at least 10 days after.
- All options will be discussed during the consultation, and tattooing will not start until the final design is agreed upon.
Microblading works BEST on these types of skin:
- Dry skin type with tiny pores. Skin that’s thin but not super thin (I like to compare this skin to a grape). This type of skin is usually not very sensitive with non-translucent fair ivory skin tone and doesn’t bleed easily.
- Normal to combination skin-type with small pores that can be a bit oily to dry and sensitive or not sensitive (I like to compare this skin to an apple). This type of skin is usually non-translucent and can range from light to dark skin tones, young or mature skin and doesn’t bleed easily.
Microblading will NOT WORK WELL for these types of skin:
- Thick oily skin with large pores, tends to bleed easily (I like to compare this skin to an orange peel). The skin texture and constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a thicker diffused, softer look. I can work on this type of skin, however, you must be aware that your end result will look more powdered and blended than you would expect.
- Super-thin, soft, hypersensitive, skin with barely any upper skin layer (I like to compare this type of skin to a peeled hard boiled egg sometimes like a marshmallow). Usually translucent and pale with invisible pores and can have rosacea or dermatitis. This type of skin bleeds VERY easily, has a harder time healing, Pigment can appear more blurred and blotchy.
- If you have an old tattoo that is still quite dark, the strokes will blend right into the old tattoo and results will not look as crisp as going over blank skin (**see ” Can we cover up or remove my old tattoo done by another artist?”).
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
- If you generally have problematic skin, bleed excessively, get infections easily, and do not heal well when cut or injured, you may want to reconsider having this procedure as the results are extremely dependent on the healing process.
I use a strong topical anesthetic cream and gel with 5% Lidocain for numbing before and throughout the procedure for maximum comfort as pain tolerance will vary from person to person. If you require something stronger, you may ask your doctor for a prescription of 10% lidocain numbing cream (please make sure the consistency is cream-like NOT vaseline-like as the greasiness will alter my markings for your brow shape). You may bring 1-2 Extra strength Tylenol to take after our consultation for additional comfort if you have low pain tolerance
The Microblading appointment books out for 2 hours. The consultation takes up most of this time. Numbing the area takes 30 min. The actual tattooing is 15-30 minutes. Touch Ups are 1 hour 30 minutes.
- It usually takes 2 sessions to achieve the desired results. That’s why one free touch up is included and is strongly recommended. Additional touchups (at a minimum charge) may be necessary to achieve desired results as everyone heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results.
- The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hairstrokes. The touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume
- If you don’t feel the need for it, then it is not necessary.
Not on the brows for at least two weeks but everywhere else is fine. Chemicals found in makeup and cleansers may alter the color of the pigment and affect the healing process.
I use iron oxide pigments. These pigments fade over time. They are considered the safest semi-permanent pigments to use for skin.
They fade over time and should be refreshed every 1-1. 5 years for maintenance. Fading is desired as your skin and facial structure will change as aging occurs.