Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery, Eyebrow Feathering, 'soft tap' technique or Japanese method, originated in Far East Asia. It is a form of Semi Permanent Makeup using a handheld tool to insert pigment into the upper layers of skin - as opposed to a machine. Because the color is deposited closer to the surface of the skin, the hair strokes appear crisp and very fine. There is no "spilling" under the skin and the effects last up to 18 months, after which the pigment fades leaving the skin.
Microblading is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of his or her eyebrows. The results are natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match your original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them. The results are a realistic, flawless, fuller looking brow.
FAQ About Microblading
- You are under 18
- You get Keloid scars
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been on Accutane within 1 year
- You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriosis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
- You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 7 days before appointment and avoid 30 days after procedure.
- Diabetic (consult your doctor)
- Have HIV or Hepatitus or any other viral infections and/or diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Sick (cold, flu, etc. Will affect the healing process, please reschedule)
- You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily
- Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 24 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area now has more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the color.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid exercising the day of the procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days prior to the procedure.
- It usually takes 2 appointments for desired results. The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hair-strokes. The touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
- You may NOT get the area wet or apply any kind of products (except what I provide for your aftercare) for at least 10 days after.
- All options will be discussed during the consultation, and tattooing will not start until the final design is agreed upon.
- Dry skin type with tiny pores. Skin that’s thin but not super thin (I like to compare this skin to a grape). This type of skin is usually not very sensitive with non-translucent fair ivory skin tone and doesn’t bleed easily.
- Normal to combination skin-type with small pores that can be a bit oily to dry and sensitive or not sensitive (I like to compare this skin to an apple). This type of skin is usually non-translucent and can range from light to dark skin tones, young or mature skin and doesn’t bleed easily.
- Thick oily skin with large pores, tends to bleed easily (I like to compare this skin to an orange peel). The skin texture and constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a thicker diffused, softer look. I can work on this type of skin, however, you must be aware that your end result will look more powdered and blended than you would expect.
- Super-thin, soft, hypersensitive, skin with barely any upper skin layer (I like to compare this type of skin to a peeled hard boiled egg sometimes like a marshmallow). Usually translucent and pale with invisible pores and can have rosacea or dermatitis. This type of skin bleeds VERY easily, has a harder time healing, Pigment can appear more blurred and blotchy.
- If you have an old tattoo that is still quite dark, the strokes will blend right into the old tattoo and results will not look as crisp as going over blank skin (**see ” Can we cover up or remove my old tattoo done by another artist?”).
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
- If you generally have problematic skin, bleed excessively, get infections easily, and do not heal well when cut or injured, you may want to reconsider having this procedure as the results are extremely dependent on the healing process.
- It usually takes 2 sessions to achieve the desired results. That’s why one free touch up is included and is strongly recommended. Additional touchups (at a minimum charge) may be necessary to achieve desired results as everyone heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results.
- The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hairstrokes. The touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume
- If you don’t feel the need for it, then it is not necessary.
Top Eyeliner | $350
Bottom Eyeliner | $250
Top and Bottom Eyeliner | $500
Lash Enhancement | $300
Consultation | $50
Clients may book a 30 minute consultation, if desired, prior to the Microblading procedure.
Microblading | $650
You will receive your first touch-up free of charge, which must be booked after 4-6 weeks and no later than 10 weeks after your initial Microblading procedure. This can't be scheduled sooner than 4 weeks following your first session. **This touch-up appointment is highly suggested for best results.
Touch-up pricing and appointments do NOT apply to tattooing over work previously done by another artist. You must book an initial appointment first to receive touch-ups. ONE free touch-up is included, which must be booked after 4-6 weeks and no later than 10 weeks after your initial appointment.
Touch-up within 3 months | $100
Touch-up within 6 months | $225
Touch-up after 1 year | $550
After 1 year a new full price Microblading session will be required (including one free touch-up).